The Top 5 Must-Haves When Shopping for a Best Home Power Washer
A best home power washer can be a great investment when it comes time to clean the exterior of your home. Not only are they more affordable than hiring a professional to do the job for you, but they’re also a lot more convenient.
Here are the top 5 must-haves when shopping for a home power washer.
- Pressure: The pressure of a home power washer is measured in pounds per square inch (PSI). The higher the PSI, the more powerful the machine. If you’re planning on using your power washer for light-duty tasks like washing your car or cleaning your deck, a machine with a PSI of 1,500 should suffice. However, if you’re planning on tackling tougher jobs like stripping paint or cleaning concrete, you’ll need a machine with a PSI of 3,000 or more.
- Flow rate: The flow rate of a pressure washer is measured in gallons per minute (GPM). The higher the GPM, the more water the machine can pump out. A higher flow rate is generally better for tougher jobs that require more water to get the job done right.
- Pump: There are two types of pumps used in home power washers – electric and gas-powered. Electric pumps are much quieter and require less maintenance than their gas-powered counterparts. However, they’re also not as powerful. Gas-powered pumps are louder and require more maintenance, but they pack a serious punch when it comes to pressure and flow rate.
- Hose: The hose is one of the most important parts of a home power washer. A good quality hose will be durable and able to withstand high water pressure. It should also be long enough to reach all the areas you need to clean.
- Nozzles: A home power washer comes with a variety of different nozzles that can be used for different cleaning tasks. Some of the most common include a jet nozzle, which is great for stripping paint; a fan nozzle, which is perfect for washing cars; and a detergent nozzle, which can be used for cleaning decks and patios.
When shopping for a home power washer, keep these five things in mind to find the perfect machine for your needs.